When is flood insurance needed in Colorado?

If you live in the Greeley, CO area and are going to purchase a home, it is important that you get the right type of insurance coverage in place. One important form of insurance coverage that people here often need is flood insurance. There are several situations when someone in this area of Colorado will need to get a flood insurance policy. 

When in a Flood Zone

One situation when you will need to have flood insurance is when your home is located in a flood zone. There are several areas around the state of Colorado that have a higher risk of flood. Those that are in a high-risk zone and take out a mortgage to buy the home will likely be required to carry flood insurance at all times. Many lenders will also require that you escrow for payments each month.

When Wanting More Coverage

You will also want to get a flood insurance policy when you want more coverage for your home. In many situations, flood damage will not be covered by your home policy. If you are concerned about the significance of flood damage, you will want to get an additional flood insurance policy that will provide protection if your home is damaged. 

If you are in the market for a new insurance policy in Greeley, CO, it would be a good idea to speak with someone that understands this unique type of coverage. The team at Maanen Insurance Group can help you understand if you need to get flood insurance and how it can protect you. Maanen Insurance Group can then help you build a policy that will offer the protection that you need to stay in compliance with all of your requirements and give you peace of mind.