Whether you live in a flood-prone area or not, flood insurance provides additional protection to your house and your belongings. Usually, flood insurance is not obligatory, but sometimes it may be required by your mortgage lender. If you are thinking of getting this type of insurance, and you want to know more about it, Maanen Insurance Group serving clients in Greeley, CO and other nearby towns prepared information on what exactly flood insurance covers:
What Does Flood Insurance Cover?
Standard flood insurance covers the following:
- The structure of the building itself. This includes foundation walls, staircases, and anchorage systems.
- Essential systems in your home. This includes plumbing and electric systems, HVAC system, heat pumps, furnaces, water heaters, and sump pumps. It also covers water tanks, fuel tanks and fuel in them, and solar energy equipment.
- Carpeting and window treatments. If you have carpets installed over your wooden floor or any other types of permanent carpeting, they will be covered by a standard flood insurance policy. Most policies also cover window blinds and curtains.
- Appliances. Flood insurance covers refrigerators, washing machines and dryers, freezers, portable window air conditioners, and dishwashers.
- Permanently installed cabinets, bookshelves, paneling, and wallboard. If your cabinets, for example, were damaged or ruined by flood, your insurance will pay for their replacement.
- A detached garage. Up to 10% of your total building coverage can be used for covering your detached garage.
- Personal belongings. Your furniture, electronics, clothing, and other personal stuff will be covered by flood insurance unless they are not stored in the basement.
Maanen Insurance Group – We Help You Keep Your Home Safe
If you live in Greeley, CO or any other nearby town, and you are thinking of getting flood insurance, our insurance agency is ready to help you. We are a team of professional and experienced insurance agents, who will provide you with all the necessary information and help you choose the right policy based on your budget and needs. Feel free to visit our website or give us a call if you have any questions.