When the weather gets stormy here in the Greeley, CO area, ensuring your home is prepared for the worst is essential. Here are a few tips from us at Maanen Insurance Group on how to protect your house from a thunderstorm:
- Secure any outdoor furniture and objects that could be blown away in strong winds. Make sure all windows and doors are shut firmly to prevent water damage.
- Check and clean up gutters to ensure proper drainage in case of heavy rain.
- Unplug all electronics, appliances, and electronic devices – power surges can occur during storms and cause them to malfunction or even catch fire.
- Turn off your main electricity switch before the storm arrives in case of a power outage, and turn off gas valves if you have one.
- Secure loose items like bookshelves, curtains, and other heavy objects that can fall over during strong winds caused by thunderstorms.
- If you have flashlights or lanterns handy, have them ready if the power goes out so you can still see your way around safely in the dark during a thunderstorm.
Remember that safety comes first when preparing for a thunderstorm – ensure everyone is inside and secure any items outside your home that may become dangerous if not taken care of beforehand!
For more tips or to protect your home and family with a flood insurance policy, call us at Maanen Insurance Group today. We proudly serve the Greeley, CO area and would be happy to help you find a policy that meets your needs and your budget. Call us today!